We’re pleased to announce that we have just released the patch p02 for the version r2.1.1 of Zerynth with lots of new features, enhancements and optimizations.
This time, the patch introduces one new library and several highly requested features and updates:
- Microchip ATECCx08A library to handle Microchip family of crypto elements through simple Python code. At the moment ATECC508A is supported, but ATECC608A will soon be available. More info.
- Zerynth Toolchain Provisioning group of commands to easily provision crypto elements. More info.
- upgrade of Espressif ESP32Net, Broadcom BCM43362, ESP32 Virtual Machines and Zerynth mbedTLS to support cryptoelements-powered TLS connections and operations.
- new AWS IoT example to connect to the platform using a hardware stored private key. Take a look.
- upgrade of Wolkabout IoT library.
- fixed ESP8266s VM for flash read issue.
- serial monitor automatically closed when uplinking.
How to update?
To update to r2.1.1-p02 you have just to:
- open Zerynth Studio;
- click “Rolling Update”;
- click “Update”, restart Zerynth Studio
Remember to re-virtualize all boards with the new virtual machines!
As usual, please keep us informed of issues for this update on our Community Forum!
If you have any ideas for projects, examples, applications, and how-tos, don’t hesitate to post them on our Hackster page.
Enjoy this new release and happy coding!