Real-Time Production Performance Monitoring
Industry 4.0 applications for extracting insights from the factory
Several implementations for SMEs and Large Enterprises:
- Production lines of paper machines (Tuscany – Italy)
- Wire-manufacturing for white goods industry (Marche – Italy)
- Production lines of plastic materials (Tuscany – Italy)
- Industrial Printing plants (Tuscany – Italy)
- Paper production plants (Tuscany – Italy)
- Automotive assembly lines (Lombardia – Italy)
Production monitoring, Predictive Maintenance, Retrofitting, Energy Saving
The Industry 4.0 is both an opportunity and a challenge for small and large enterprises:
- Manufacturing companies aim to monitor their production processes by obtaining data from old and new machines produced by different vendors.
- Machines Producers aim to innovate the marketed products with typical functionalities of the IoT world.
- System integrators aim to provide solutions that fit with different enterprise infrastructures and scenarios.
The interfacing issues with existing industrial plants and PLC, and the difficult management of generated data, often hinder the effective implementation of 4.0 strategies.
The 4ZeroPlatform has been implemented to monitor the production and maintenance processes of several plants, acquiring data from both old and modern machines without invasive interventions and apparatus replacements. Key benefits:
- Real-time production monitoring and quality control to reduce waste and rework;
- Real-time energy consumption monitoring to save cost and reduce environmental impact;
- Predictive maintenance to prevent costly repairs and unplanned downtime.
Technology and Services provided
The solutions are based on the Zerynth Industry 4.0 Kit called 4ZeroPlatform. composed of:
– 4ZeroBox, a versatile data acquisition unit, programmable in Python thanks to the Zerynth OS
– 4ZeroManager, a Cloud or “on-premise” system for device and data management and integration with ERP, MES and BI tools
We provided engineering services for the development of the complete applications, ranging from the programming of the firmware to the integration of the system with business intelligence tools, ERP and MES.