Zerynth release 2.0.5: introducing the Zerynth ADM and many new supported devices
We just released a new version of Zerynth (r2.0.5) with a lot of new functionalities, new supported hardware, better stability and an enhanced user experience.
Introducing the Zerynth Advanced Device Manager
The Zerynth Advanced Device Manager (Zerynth ADM) is now available.
A device manager sandbox exposing a simple API-based interface that adds high-level functionalities to connected devices:
- simpler Over The Air (OTA) firmware updates (soon available with the upcoming Zerynth Studio PRO)
- Remote procedure calls (RPC)
- Per device custom graphical interfaces
Zerynth tools strive to be as agnostic as possible and the Zerynth ADM follows the same philosophy. It is compatible with most cloud providers (Azure, Amazon, Bluemix) but can also be installed on premises as a Docker container. Each Zerynth user has access to a Zerynth ADM sandbox instance hosted on the Zerynth servers. Once the developed IoT solution is ready for public deployment, an instance of the Zerynth ADM can be run on the chosen cloud with no additional effort.
You can use the Zerynth ADM to test your connected devices adding high-level functionalities like full HTML5 templates, push notifications to the Zerynth App and more. A unique feature of the Zerynth ADM is the integration of Web 2.0 technologies with connected devices. By linking a device to a template (that can be as simple as a single static web page or as complex as a responsive website), the device can be monitored and controlled remotely both on a desktop computer or on a mobile app.
IMPORTANT: the Zerynth ADM is absolutely not mandatory to keep developing with Zerynth! It is an additional tool to make IoT development faster and easier… and it is also ready for production: it can be easily scaled up to high traffic volumes and hosted on any third party cloud providers or on premises with no effort.
Try the Zerynth ADM and all the new features of Zerynth downloading Zerynth Studio.Download Zerynth Studio!
If you are already a Zerynth user, update Zerynth Studio by clicking the notification “System Update!” that will appear in the footer area.
A refreshed Zerynth App, with push notifications and enhanced GUI functionalities
Along with an updated Zerynth App library, the Zerynth App has been tied to the Zerynth ADM! Now your templates can become as complex as a fully responsive website; indeed they are hosted on the Zerynth ADM and associated with a particular device instance. Take a look on how to use the new Zerynth App!
The Android version update is rolling right now, the iOS version is waiting for verification in the Apple Store and will be made available in the next weeks.Download Zerynth App!
A lot of new supported hardware
New supported boards!
- Sparkfun Photon, a complete Wi-Fi enabled development platform to easily create connected devices. The Photon RedBoard is based around the P1 Particle Module. The I/O, USB, and power connectors are all broken out to a familiar Arduino shape.
- Wemos D1 Mini, a mini Wi-Fi device based on the ESP8266EX chip. This device is a very compact solution for prototyping small smart objects linked to the World Wide Web thanks to the Espressif ESP8266 Wi-Fi functionalities.
- xPlained D21, a microcontroller device based on the Atmel SAMD21J18A ARM Cortex-M0+. The Xplained Pro extension kit offers additional peripherals to extend the features of the device and ease the development of custom designs. One of its most important features is the Atmel Embedded Debugger (EDBG), which provides a full debug interface without the need for additional hardware, significantly increasing the ease-of-use for software debugging.
- 8×8 R click, a compact and easy solution for adding 8×8 RED LED display matrix to your design.
- 10DOF click, for enhancing hardware prototypes with 10DOF functionality (10 degrees of freedom).
Path with spaces are not an issue anymorem, glitches in Zerynth Studio have been fixed, error messages in registration/virtualization are more informative, the ZTC can now generate VM binaries for manual burning when there are issues with device drivers… and much more.
As usual, please report in our community forum any issue with the new release.