A multithreaded real-time OS that supports hybrid Python/C coding, advanced security and connectivity features, advanced power-management, FOTA, and provides real hardware independence.
Real-Time OS tailored for IoT applications
Zerynth OS is a multithreaded Real-Time OS that provides real hardware independence, allowing code reuse on a wide range of 32-bit microcontrollers, in a very small footprint.
- the first OS tailored for IoT that supports Python and C programming on 32bit microcontrollers
- multithreaded preemptive priority aware Real-Time OS
- tiny footprint: low Flash and RAM requirements
- Massive code reuse thanks to almost complete hardware independence
- Python high-level features optimized for embedded usage together with low-level C integration for bare metal performances
- Optimized stacks for multiple connectivity protocols
- Highly Customizable for your iot solutions
Write once, run everywhere
The hardware independence is critical for many:
- for Product Designers, it reduces the time to market because they haven’t to re-write the code when they switch from prototyping to production;
- for System Integrators, it makes it easier to focus on the integration part and select the board that better fits with the project, without the need to worry about low-level functionalities and programmability;
- for Embedded Producers, it speeds up the adoption of new embedded hardware and opens to the huge community of Python programmers.
Zerynth allows rapid integration with sensors, actuators, and industrial protocols, thanks to an extensive collection of libraries, organized into four categories:
- Standard Libraries. Composed of many modules ranging from embedded-related features to Python high-level features like modules, classes, multithreading, callbacks, timers, and exceptions.
- Official Libraries. Developed and maintained by Zerynth and dedicated to specific sensors, actuators, protocols, etc.
- Partners Libraries. Developed and maintained by partners and approved by Zerynth.
- Community Libraries. Published by our community members, and approved by Zerynth.
Connect to your Prefered Cloud
Thanks to the integrated Cloud libraries developed and maintained by Zerynth, you can securely connect your device directly to the most popular Cloud infrastructures on the market. You change one single line of code, and you switch from AWS to Azure to Google to IBM, without any effort.
For more advanced Cloud services, you can use the Zerynth Device Manager that simplifies advanced functionalities such as:
- Device provisioning
- Device Configuration
- Firmware Over The Air updates (FOTA)
Licensing and Pricing
Zerynth OS is lifetime-licensed for a specific microcontroller’s unique chip ID (one MCU / one license).
Once you create a Zerynth Account in Zerynth Studio, you receive a free “Welcome” pack of 10 Zerynth OS Licenses with FreeRTOS (5 “Starter” and 5 “Premium”) to use on any of the supported boards. You can use your free Zerynh OS licenses as you wish, even for commercial applications.
Some Boards already include a specific Zerynth OS license (aka Zerynth-powered devices) so that you don’t have to use one of your licenses.
Zerynth OS licenses also support mass programming: we provide scripts to control the device programmer and, for big volumes, a collection of pre-compiled OSs ready to be flashed.
You can always check your available/consumed assets in your Zerynth Profile. You can buy licenses in any quantity, by contacting our Sales Team.
|Hybrid C/Python programmability|
|Tiny Footprint (60-80kB FLASH, 3-5kB RAM)|
|Tailored for Real-Time applications|
|Selectable RTOS||ChibiOS, FreeRTOS||ChibiOS, FreeRTOS|
|Hardware-driven Secured Firmware|
|Firmware Over-The-Air updates|
If you have any questions about the Zerynth OS licensing, you want to order or get a quote, contact our Sales team.
|PN||License||1 to 50||51 to 100||101 to 250||251 to 500||501 to 1000|
|ZL-FR-ST||Starter FreeRTOS||US$ 4.00||US$ 3.80||US$ 3.72||US$ 3.60||US$ 3.40|
|ZL-CH-ST||Starter ChibiOS||US$ 4.80||US$ 4.60||US$ 4.52||US$ 4.40||US$ 4.20|
|ZL-FR-PR||Premium FreeRTOS||US$ 5.50||US$ 5.23||US$ 5.12||US$ 4.95||US$ 4.68|
|ZL-CH-PR||Premium ChibiOS||US$ 6.30||US$ 6.03||US$ 5.92||US$ 5.75||US$ 5.48|