Zerynth VM is the core element of your next IoT solution. It runs board independent Python scripts for code reuse together with an improved readability and maintainability.
A multithreaded real-time OS that brings scripting languages into the embedded world
- The first virtual machine tailored for embedded and IoT that supports hybrid C/Python coding
- A tiny footprint: 60k-80k flash, 3-5k ram
- Real Time OS for multithreading: each Python thread is a RTOS thread managed by a priority aware realtime scheduler
- Real hardware independence allowing code reuse on a wide range of 32-bit MCUs
- Python high-level features like modules, classes, multithreading, callbacks, timers and exceptions, plus some all the embedded-related features like interrupts, PWM, digital I/O, ICU
Zerynth VM Production Packs
For big prototyping and production purposes, Zerynth VMs are purchasable in “Packs”, usable for all the supported boards. As the VMs are linked to the single chip ID, they are “generated on demand”, just when needed.
- The low volume VMs packs are suitable for large prototyping and small production series
- The purchased VMs Pack amount is displayed into your Zerynth Studio account assets, where you can check how many VMs you have left
- You can use every single VM via Zerynth studio when you need to program a new prototyping board or to flash a small series of devices
- Zerynth VMs packs support mass programming: we provide scripts to control the device programmer and, for big volumes, a collection of pre-compiled VMs ready to be flashed